We live in a fast-changing technological world. One of the biggest challenges recruiters face, today, is finding candidates with the right skill sets. Being qualified is completely different from being skilled for the job. Now the question arises, how can this imbalance be conquered? Skill development training is the correct approach. A balanced and well-defined manner of training can bring newborn talent to the industry.
Here are a few facts why-
- Against 12.8 million new entrants to the country’s workforce each year, the capacity for skill development in India is only around 3.1 million.
- The 12th Five Year Plan is expected to increase this capacity to 15 million, and to meet skill development through engagement with the public and private sector’s stakeholders.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s ambitious ‘Skill India’ campaign targets training 40 crore people in different skills by 2022, which indicates a lack of job-ready candidates.
There are a few areas that might help to overcome upskilling challenges if they are worked upon efficiently:
- Industry-ready Talent: Job training institutes can play a critical role in nurturing candidates with industry-relevant skills. Smooth coordination between industry and placement institutes helps in fetching potential candidates and preparing industry-ready talent.
- Internship Opportunities: Internships provide students an opportunity to collaborate their theoretical knowledge into real life situations. They are stepping stones to enter the job market. Many companies give interns paid job offers, others give internship certificates which could help one grab a good job.
- Bridging the Gap: The gap evidently appears when candidates start applying for jobs as a fresher. Academic performance remains unrelated to being skilled for a job. Thus, the integration of practical knowledge and theoretical knowledge makes the candidate job ready.
- Futuristic Skills: A world shifting to complete digitalization expects a candidate to have knowledge of basic technical skills at the bare minimum.Thinkers and innovators strike better with the luxury of technical knowledge.
Hence, qualification brings you a world of theory, which once applied in real-life scenarios makes work efficient. A job-ready candidate is shaped when he consists of theoretical and practical knowledge.
At Futurense, we train candidates prioritizing knowledge, both practical and theoretical. Once we complete the required training, we offer deployment to each candidate to bridge the gap between ‘qualified people’ and ‘qualified for the job people’. Futurense makes you future-ready because it’s not just a job, it’s a CAREER PATH!